EmploymentElectrical Sales Corporation (ESC) is a family owned and operated business that supports the communications needs of businesses in the Greater New Orleans. Founded in 1949, Electrical Sales Corporation builds long term partnerships with its customers ensuring stability and continuity in their communications.
Network Support Engineer - TelecommunicationsJob Summary: The Network Support Engineer is a member of the customer support team and reports to the Service Lead. Using the ESC ticketing system, the Network Support Engineer handles remote troubleshooting with a focus on existing data networks and telecommunications systems. Applicant should be self-motivated and have a desire to learn new applications and technology both in telecommunications and networking.
Knowledge and troubleshooting of routing protocols, switching, and security configuration
Willingness and ability to become an expert in the VoIP telecommunications systems that ESC sells and supports
Troubleshooting and managing both relatively simple and more complex Networking and VoIP challenges
Follow-through with client until item is fully resolved in a timely manner
Use judgement and make decisions to escalate as appropriate
Ability to think critically and walk customers through basic troubleshooting if needed both on-site and remote.
Ability to professionally handle challenging or frustrating situations with a strong sense of urgency
Qualifications: Proven demonstrated success in the following areas
- 3+ years of experience in customer support in a technical field
- 3+ years of experience installing, diagnosing, and troubleshooting routing protocols and wireless networks
- IP Telecommunications experience
- Experience diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical challenges
- Curiosity in your field and an interest in learning the telecommunications industry
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Organization and multitasking in a high-stress, customer facing environment
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and problem solve with resources available
- Good at documenting work performed
On-call rotation to be compensated appropriately. This position is based in the Greater New Orleans Area. Please send your PDF resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted
Although we do not have open positions right now, we are always interested in talking to candidates who may be a good fit for Electrical Sales Corporation.
Please send your PDF resume and introduction to firstname.lastname@example.orgWe thank all applicants however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.